Re: [Xen-devel] [BUG] VIF rate limiting locks up network in the whole system

On 05/09/14 13:55, Ian Campbell wrote:
>> Is it possible, that one of the features introduced by the 3.13 kernel is
>> faulty (e.g. the 'feature-split-event-channels')?
>
> The guilty change may or may not be related to the new features, but it
> could be.
>
>> Is there a way to selectively enable/disable those features without changing
>> the kernel?
>
> Unfortunately I don't think so.
>
> It *might* be possible to start the guest paused and then mess with the
> feature advertisements in the backend's xenstore directory. Or that
> might cause things to explode ;-). It's worth trying -- I think it will
> be obvious if it hasn't worked, rather than being a subtle issue which
> invalidate the testing...

I have tried that:

xl create -p ratelimittest1.cfg
xenstore-rm /local/domain/0/backend/vif/3/0/feature-gso-tcpv6
xenstore-rm /local/domain/0/backend/vif/3/0/feature-ipv6-csum-offload
xenstore-rm /local/domain/0/backend/vif/3/0/feature-split-event-channels

It didn't help. Nothing had exploded, though.

>> I will also try the 3.14.3 kernel, but I need to prepare it first.
>
> Sounds good.

That didn't help either. The problem still occurs after upgrading dom0
to 3.14.3.

> Is there any chance you could bisect the releases between 3.7 and 3.14
> to narrow down the range? I'd probably test the actual v3.X
> tags/releases rather than using git bisect at this stage.

I am afraid, I cannot spend that much more time on investigating this
issue right now.

Greets,
        Jacek