Re: [Xen-devel] [BUG] VIF rate limiting locks up network in the whole system

On Fri, 2014-05-09 at 12:25 +0200, Jacek Konieczny wrote:

> > Do they perhaps differ between the working and non-working case
> > (despite the input configuration being the same)?
>
> I will check that. I think this can be safely done even on a production
> server, still running the old Xen and kernel.

Just to be clear I meant working with rate= (on the old setup) and not
working without rate= (on the new setup). Working without rate= won't
tell us much, since those keys simply won't be present..

> > Those keys then affect netback's behaviour which is why I am interested
> > in whether the kernel version has changed.
>
> The kernel version has changed and I should focus on that instead of the
> Xen version change.

I think having confirmed that the xenstore keys are unchanged then the
kernel side should be the focus.

> I will try other kernels and get more information.

Thanks.

> The other thing is I am not 100% sure my earlier setups were not buggy â
> it might be I have just never reached the limit for long enough to notice.

Ian