Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC] Dom0 PV IOMMU control design (draft A)

>>> On 14.04.14 at 17:03, <malcolm.crossley@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 14/04/14 13:51, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:

>> With the device driver domains I think you should also rename the
>> 'dom0' to device driver or 'hardware domain' - as this functionality
>> should be possible within an PV guest with PCI passthrough for example.
> Currently Xen only allows Dom0 IOMMU access to all (expect Xen) MFN's.

Except in dom0-strict mode, which your proposal doesn't even
support. Yet mid/long term that mode should imo be what Dom0
should be run in by default.

> To not change the current security implications of the feature I would
> prefer that 'hardware domain' support was added as a separate design.

I think you mean "driver domain" here; "hardware domain" is the
generalized term for Dom0 (and with most of the respective changes
for the latter already in the staging tree I think you ought to no
longer use the term "Dom0" here).

Jan