Re: [Xen-devel] [ARM:PATCH v2 1/1] Pass the timer clock-frequency to DOM0

On 13/04/14 21:48, Suriyan Ramasami wrote:
On Sun, Apr 13, 2014 at 1:20 PM, Julien Grall <julien.grall@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
fanta's patch to get the CPU up in NS HYP mode is in hardkernel's git
repository ->

https://github.com/hardkernel/u-boot/commit/56e5bdcb95d41f9236554de0578b0017a9f232a5

Hence, it would appear that the SPL BL2 code is entered in NS HYP mode.

Also, BL1 I believe is signed and encrypted - hence no access. BL2 can
be signed and that is how currently we are entering in NS HYP.

Thanks for the explanation.

By any chance, do you know if the Arndale octa (exynos 5420) also bring CPU in HYP mode the same way?

Apparently the tzsw can be signed too, and hence, I was thinking of
modifying a current smc call to have it set the CNTFRQ, which I
believe will be in monitor mode.

We had the same issue on the Arndale last year. Luckily u-boot were booting in Secure mode.

It would be great to have a firmware that correctly configure the Arch timer (according the ARM ARM). But I bet the Arndale octa will have the same issue. So we will have to handle this such configuration in Xen.

Can you send a new version with remarks make previously?

Regards,

--
Julien Grall