Re: [Xen-devel] Question about running Xen 4.4 on Arndale board

On 04/09/2014 08:55 PM, Meng Xu wrote:
> Hi,

Hello,

> We have a Samsung Exynos 5420 Arndale Octa Board. We tried to run Xen
> 4.4 on the Arndale Octa board.

Xen 4.4 only supports the Arndale 5250. AFAIK, the octa has a similar
layout as 5250. Porting Xen on the board should not be too difficult.

I know there is some people who are working on porting Xen to the odroid
xu which also have an exynos inside.

> We have successfully to run Ubuntu on that board by customizing the UBoot.

Does your U-boot bring up CPU in hypervisor mode?

> We tried to boot from the SD card, so the UBoot variable we set is:

> When we boot the board with command "#boot", xen does not seem to boot.
> The message we got is:
>
>     reading /zImag
>     4801504 bytes read
>     reading /xen-uImage
>     880833 bytes read
>     ## Booting kernel from Legacy Image at 50000000 ...
>        Image Name:
>        Image Type:   ARM Linux Kernel Image (uncompressed)
>        Data Size:    880769 Bytes = 860.1 KiB
>        Load Address: 80200000
>        Entry Point:  80200000
>        Verifying Checksum ... OK
>     OK
>     Starting kernel ...

IIRC, the UART is the same as the Arndale 5250. Can you try to recompile
Xen with CONFIG_EARLY_PRINTK=exynos5250 on the make command line? Don't
forget to clean up the tree before!

> Since the website says the configuration for booting from the SD card is
> not updated for the newest Xen version, *our question is:*
> Could anyone please point out the error we made in the configuration? or
> Could anyone please give us a pointer to the documentation which works
> for the newest version of Xen?

There is no documentation updated to boot from the SD card.

Regards,

--
Julien Grall