Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC] about libxl snapshot

hi, ian

"Ian Jackson" <Ian.Jackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writen

> Bamvor Jian Zhang writes ("[RFC] about libxl snapshot"):
> > our plan about snapshot is:
> > 1, basic disk snapshot support(internal snapshot, qdisk as backend).
> > ALREADY SENT.
>
> Right, see my comments on that.  I'm not sure what feature it
> provides, apart from something that could be done with qemku-img.
yes. thanks for your review. basically this patch want to provide some api for
vm snapshot.
is it ok if i send current patch plus vm snapshot patch together, and leave
some advanced feature alone?
i mean support create, delete, list and revert for vm snapshot(only support
internal disk snapshot).
> > 2, vm snapshot(memory save, snapshot the whole snapshot with transaction qmp
> > opeartion, only support internal disk snapshot at this step.
> > in this step, we plan to add the vm snapshot record in xenstore in domain in
> > order to management the status of vm snapshot.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by "add the vm snapshot record in
> xenstore".  I don't know what "vm snapshot record" is exactly.  If you
> mean the domain save state it's far too big for xenstore.
sorry for confuse. i mean store the vm snapshot information, such as name of
snapshot, creation time.

regards

bamvor