Re: [Xen-devel] ARM: EXYNOS 5410 - DOM0 not being scheduled

On 03/17/2014 01:32 PM, Suriyan Ramasami wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 6:21 AM, Julien Grall <julien.grall@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hello Suriyan,
>>
>> On 03/17/2014 01:17 PM, Suriyan Ramasami wrote:
>>> The boot_count print is coming from a mod in xen/arch/arm/time.c in
>>> function init_xen_time()
>>> - printk("boot_count: %llu reread: %llu\n", boot_count,
>>> READ_SYSREG64(CNTPCT_EL0));
>>> just before the function returns. The timer is started up in u-boot.
>>> All the other printfs that you see with "Calling" is at the start of
>>> the fucntions - I was trying to figure out if xen was hanging - this
>>> is not the case though.
>>>
>>> I shall reply further on Ian's email where I do see dom0 hanging in
>>> calibrate_delay(). If I pass lpj=4464640 in the kernel parameters, it
>>> then loops in do_xor_speed() - specifically in the line while ((now =
>>> jiffies) == j), which points to jiffies not getting incremented at
>>> all!
>>
>> I remembered to have the same issue with Arndale a while ago. Which
>> kernel are you using? Can you give the dom0 log?
>>
> I am using linux kernel 3.13 which boots without xen. With xen, I do

By 3.13, you mean https://github.com/hardkernel/linux.git branch
odroid-3.13.y-linaro, right?

> not see any dom0 output (I even added the patch that you suggested in
> http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2013-04/msg02387.html) -
> still no output from dom0.

> I am pasting the linux output without xen, if that helps:

Hmmm ... the exynos 5250 has it's own timer (samsung,exynos4210-mct)
which shouldn't be passthrough to dom0. I suspect that your issue come
from there.

Did you add specific platform code for the board? Can you uncomment
#define DEBUG_DT in xen/arch/arm/domain_build.c and paste the log on
pastebin?

Thanks,

--
Julien Grall