Re: [Xen-devel] Restart domU failure (memory allocation issue)

Hello Andrii,

On 03/14/2014 11:14 AM, Andrii Anisov wrote:
>     From the investigations done by Oleksandr it seems to me that some
>     mappings done for so called kernel segment by xc_dom_alloc_segment()
>     are left in dom0 space.
>
> Actually I do not see how pages from domU space (i.e. that kernel
> segment) are unmapped from dom0 after domain creation.

It seems that unmap will be done at the end of xc_dom_boot_image (see
xc_dom_unmap_all).

The latter function will go through the list of all mappings and close
it one by one.

You can add a print in xc_dom_unmap_one (tools/libxc/xc_dom_core.c) and
check if you have the same number of print with xc_dom_pfn_to_ptr_retcount.

Regards,

--
Julien Grall