Re: [Xen-devel] Restart domU failure (memory allocation issue)

Julien,

I gave a try on Xen 4.4 with normal guest (e.g without the 1:1 mapping) and I don't find any memory leaks. How do you create the 1:1 mapping for the guest?
The way we get 1:1 mapping is pretty tricky.
We have a patch to allocate DomU space as a one multipage section with the order enough for requested size. While we place all the XEN stuff after the first gigabyte of RAM, we do have the only 1GB extent at address 0x80000000 for our Android.
We do work to get rid of this dirty hack. But still have a lot of things to do with GPU and IPU.

From the investigations done by Oleksandr it seems to me that some mappings done for so called kernel segment by xc_dom_alloc_segment() are left in dom0 space.

Andrii Anisov | Software Engineer
GlobalLogic
Kyiv, 03038, Protasov Business Park, M.Grinchenka, 2/1
P +38.044.492.9695x3664  M +380505738852  S andriyanisov
www.globallogic.com

http://www.globallogic.com/email_disclaimer.txt