[Xen-devel] Fwd: [Xen Project] Your organization application has been accepted.

Good news everyone : now the real work awaits.

Cleaning up the project list, etc. and making sure that mentors are signed up via https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2014, etc. - Ian Jackson will receive mails from GSoC while I am away and may have to forward key bits of information to you all.

I would suggest a conference call that includes mentors to tidy the project list pretty soon. Maybe Russell can act as GSoC master, arrange the call and chase mentors while I am away. We need to make sure that the project list is in good shape before the 10th. Ideally by next week.

Also our home page in Melange may needs fixing. @Russell, please read the mail below and lets discuss tomorrow before I leave.

24 February:

19:00 UTC

List of accepted mentoring organizations published on the Google Summer of Code 2014 site.

Interim Period:

Would-be students discuss project ideas with potential mentoring organizations.

28 February 16:00 UTC:

IRC meeting with rejected meThe ntoring organizations.

10 March:

19:00 UTC

Student application period opens.

IMPORTANT: in the application I stated that we encourage students to work on bite size projects before the application (in the same way as it works for OPW). Maybe OPW mentors want to share their experiences!

This will come your way in the next few weeks and you really should use those 2-3 weeks to find out which students can work with you.

Best Regards
Lars