[Xen-devel] Support for guest per-vcpu hard and soft affinity masks

Dario,

Are the vcpu hard and soft affinity masks getting set for guest vcpus?

I'm running xen built from your numa/per-vcpu-affinity-v5 branch.

I added the following code to...
  sched_credit.c in function csched_vcpu_insert
  sched_credit2.c in function runq_assign

    if ( cpumask_full(vc->cpu_hard_affinity) )
        printk("JTW - hard affinity map IS full, dom %d\n",
               vc->domain->domain_id);
    else
        printk("JTW - hard affinity map is NOT full, dom %d\n",
               vc->domain->domain_id);

    if ( cpumask_full(vc->cpu_soft_affinity) )
        printk("JTW - soft affinity map IS full, dom %d\n",
               vc->domain->domain_id);
    else
        printk("JTW - soft affinity map is NOT full, dom %d\n",
               vc->domain->domain_id);

I started up two domains; one is pinned to 0-3 and the other used
automatic placement which xl vcpu-list says set its soft affinity to
8-15.

xl vcpu-list
------------
Name            ID  VCPU   CPU State   Time(s) Affinity (Hard / Soft)
VM_MatrixMult    1     0    3   -b-       4.2  0-3 / all
VM_Quicksort     2     0    1   -b-       4.1  all / 8-15

Got the same output running credit and credit2 ...
------
(XEN) JTW - hard affinity map IS full, dom 1
(XEN) JTW - soft affinity map IS full, dom 1
(XEN) JTW - hard affinity map IS full, dom 2
(XEN) JTW - soft affinity map IS full, dom 2

I expected the hard map for 1 to be not full, and the soft map for 2
to be not full.

If they are getting set later, when does that happen? Or am I using a
branch that doesn't yet have this functionality? Sorry if I missed
something in the documentation or patch descriptions.

Thank you,
Justin