Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC v2 2/4] net: enables interface option to skip IP

On Thu, 2014-02-20 at 01:58 +0100, Hannes Frederic Sowa wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 06:56:17PM -0600, Dan Williams wrote:
> > Note that there isn't yet a disable_ipv4 knob though, I was
> > perhaps-too-subtly trying to get you to send a patch for it, since I can
> > use it too :)
>
> Do you plan to implement
> <http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sunset4-noipv4/>?
>
> ;)

Well, not specifically, but with NetworkManager we do have a "disable
IPv4" method for IPv4, which now just doesn't do any kind of IPv4, but
obviously doesn't disable IPv4 entirely because that's not possible.  I
was only thinking that it would be nice to actually guarantee that IPv4
was disabled, just like disable_ipv6 does.

But we could certainly implement that draft if a patch shows up or if it
bubbled up the priority stack :)

Dan