Re: [Xen-devel] xen pv hugepages

>>> On 07.02.14 at 01:12, Elena Ufimtseva <ufimtseva@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ok, I see. Well, I would think then that the kernel then should not
> provide any possibility to use it? Otherwise there are oopses and some
> other unpleasant things happening when trying to use huge pages. I am
> not sure, maybe if its clearly states that there is no hugetlb support
> for pv, then there is no need for this?

One of the downsides of pv-ops: You can't hide functionality
known to not work under Xen already at kernel configuration
time, and hence need to find ways to suppress their use at
run time if enabled for the purpose of using it when run on
bare hardware.

Btw., if you're after the underlying code in the hypervisor,
look for the uses of "opt_allow_superpage".

Jan