Re: [Xen-devel] Prepping for GSOC 2014 [URGENT] - deadline Feb 14 2014

(trimming cc, most people are presumably not interested)

On Wed, 2014-02-05 at 14:49 +0000, Andrew Cooper wrote:
> On 05/02/14 14:45, Ian Campbell wrote:

> >> Malcolm made a prototype for this on the first day of the Hackathon.  It
> >> can disappear.
> > Removed.

> >> Not as far as I (or my ability to google) am aware.
> >>
> >> My furrowing into hwloc interacting with Xen and libxc is a start to all
> >> of this, but it is still very much in my copious free time and there is
> >> more than enough other work which could be done if someone were interested.
> > OK, left in place.
> >
> > This could conceivably be done under another umbrella such as the Linux
> > one too, since it seems generic.
> >
> > Ian.
> >

> For native Linux, hwloc kinda already does this already - certainly the
> CPU and PCI bits.

That's what I meant by "does this not alreayd exist somewhere". So it
sounds like extending hwloc is the right answer, the blurb should
reflect this and list the specific things which it is lacking.

Can you update the description please?