Re: [Xen-devel] Possible issue with x86_emulate when writing results back to memory

>>> On 09.01.14 at 18:33, Simon Graham <simon.graham@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> __hvm_copy() is probably too low to be thinking about this.  There are
>> many things such as grant_copy() which do not want "hardware like" copy
>> properties, preferring instead to have less overhead.
>>

> Yeah... I'll rework the patch to do this...

Looking a little more closely, hvm_copy_{to,from}_guest_virt()
are what you want to have the adjusted behavior. That way
you'd in particular not touch the behavior of the more generic
copying routines copy_{to,from}_user_hvm(). And adjusting
the behavior would seem to be doable cleanly by adding e.g.
HVMCOPY_atomic as a new flag, thus informing __hvm_copy()
to not use memcpy().

Jan