Re: [Xen-devel] About booting Xen with UEFI on FastModel

On Wed, 2013-12-11 at 19:06 +0800, Chen Baozi wrote:
> On Dec 11, 2013, at 18:59, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 2013-12-11 at 13:06 +0800, Chen Baozi wrote:
> >> Hi Ian,

> >> After reading the source code, I think it is neither the EFI stub
> >> or a bootloader. A Linux Loader EFI application has been developed
> >> for ARM in EFI.
> >
> > Do you have a link? I'm curious.
>
> Instructions to EFI on AArch64:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/tianocore/index.php?title=ArmPlatformPkg/AArch64
>
> And Iâm using the git clone of its svn repository:
>
> https://github.com/tianocore/edk2.git
>
> Under the tree, the Linux Loader locates at:
>
> ArmPkg/Application/LinuxLoader

Ah that, yes I think that boots Linux using the zImage protocol.

> >> It is able to boot Linux either by tagged list or
> >> dtb method. However, it hardcoded the start address of 0x80000
> >> when loading Linux kernel, which make it unworkable for Xen after
> >> paging is enable.

0x80000 is a problem due to the alignment not being 2M I think?

Really should look into fixing that. (would probably mean allowing Xen
to span 2 consecutive 2MB blocks and some additional fiddling during
bring up)