Re: [Xen-devel] [Spice-devel] Vdagent not working on xen linux hvm DomUs

Il 06/12/2013 11:50, Wei Liu ha scritto:
On Fri, Dec 06, 2013 at 11:15:17AM +0100, Fabio Fantoni wrote:
[...]
I not mean virtio disk/net but virtio-serial channels used for
example by spice vdagent.
The libxl implentation xen side is correct and on windows domUs
vdagent is working (I'm using it since 2 year).
On linux domUs I found that virtio ports under /dev are missed/not
created and I not understand why.
That's probably unplugged by Xen platform PCI device.

Recently I tried also with xen_platform_pci=0 and the Konrad's patch
(xen/pvhvm: If xen_platform_pci=0 is set don't blow up) but to no
avail.

I haven't followed up that patch so I am not sure what's happening.

Wei.

Thanks for any reply.
I did another tests, adding pci=nomsi to kernel boot option creates
virtio-serial ports correctly and vdagent works also on linux domUs,
I also tried to enable the xen platform and also in that case
vdagent works.
So the problem is only about msi.
Added xen-devel to cc.
Any ideas on how to fix permanently without adding pci=nomsi?

As I remember it I wrote a patch for QEMU to make it capable of
injecting MSI interrupt in Xen long time ago so it should work fine.

Wei.

Is this?
http://git.qemu.org/?p=qemu.git;a=commit;h=f1dbf015dfb0aa7f66f710a1f1bc58b662951de2

thenis there a xen and/or qemu regression?

Thanks for any reply.