Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.4 development update: RC0 imminent

On Thu, Dec 05, 2013 at 04:59:20PM +0000, Ian Campbell wrote:

> > > OK -- would the Xen side of these be something that could come in as
> > > "bug fixes", or should I take this off the list of 4.4 features?
> > >

> > I pinged maintainer this morning, let's see his response later. He's in
> > GMT -8 timezone.
> >
> > If we cannot get it merged within next week I would rather take it off
> > our list.
>
> IIRC the Xen side patches were pretty small and straight forward and the
> only issue was agreeing the ABI for the struct passed from hvmloader to
> ovmf.

Yes, that's the main missing bit. However the interface has been acked
on OVMF side, does that mean it is safe to go in now?

> Other than that lack of ABI agreement is there anything else which would
> block taking the patches on our side. In particular do they break what
> little functionality there is with the existing ovmf code base which we
> pull in?

No, it only makes OVMF work better than what we have now. ;-)

On the other hand I have two more patches for our build system. Shall I
send them for review now?

Wei.