Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.4 development update: RC0 imminent

On 12/05/2013 04:34 PM, Wei Liu wrote:
On Thu, Dec 05, 2013 at 04:29:08PM +0000, George Dunlap wrote:
On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 4:09 PM, George Dunlap
<George.Dunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This information will be mirrored on the Xen 4.4 Roadmap wiki page:
  http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_Roadmap/4.4

We're nearly to the completion of the code freeze, scheduled for
tomorrow.  After the code freeze, only bug fixes and features marked
as "blockers" will be considered.  At the moment, the only feature
considered a blocker is experimental PVH dom0 support.

In early RCs, most bug fixes will be accepted; but in later RCs, even
bug fixes may be rejected if they risk breaking more important
functionality than they fix.

I don't think at this point every bug fix needs a blessing from me;
committers, if there are fixes which are obviously low-risk, just go
ahead and check them in.

I was thinking that for some of our new features, it would be good to
have a blog post describing the feature and how to test it.  This
would both raise awareness of the feature, and hopefully get it more
testing before the release.  We could choose a couple to focus on for
each test day.
Features which might be worth highlighting for testing in blogs:

* Non-udev scripts for driver domains (non-Linux driver domains)
  - Roger Pau Monne

* PHV domU (experimental only)

* Improved Spice support on libxl
  - Fabio Fantoni

* Event channel scalability
  - David Vrabel

* pvgrub2 checked into grub upstream (external)
  - Vladmir Servinenko

* Guest EFI booting (tianocore)
  - Wei Liu

A bunch of critical patches are neither applied upstream nor in our tree
(though they are already acked / reviewed by maintainers), so I don't
think we want to advertise it as "working"...

OK -- would the Xen side of these be something that could come in as "bug fixes", or should I take this off the list of 4.4 features?

 -George