Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.4 development update: Feature freeze has started

On 15/11/13 14:36, George Dunlap wrote:
> On 11/11/13 17:32, Andrew Cooper wrote:
>> * HPET interrupt stack overflow (when using hpet_broadcast mode and MSI
>> capable HPETs)
>>    status: patches posted, undergoing review iteration.
>
> Is this a bug?
>
>  -George

Yes - it causes a double fault in debug builds of Xen.

In non-debug builds, Xen will survive, but the underlying cause is that
interrupts can erroneously stack with lower priority on top of higher
priority.

The patches have been Reviewed-by Tim, and are currently in XenServer
trunk having a good trashing across all our hardware.

~Andrew