Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.4 development update: Feature freeze has started

On 11/11/13 17:18, George Dunlap wrote:

> * ACPI WAET table vs RTC emulation mode
>   owner: jan@suse
>   prognosis: ?
>  > An overly simplified fix was posted a while ago
>  >
> (http://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2013-07/msg00122.html),
>  > but Tim's objection is rather valid. I can't, however, estimate
>  > if/when I would find time to learn what tools side changes are
>  > necessary to accommodate a new HVM param, and hence this is
>  > currently stalled.  The current solution (as of 3fa7fb8b ["x86/HVM:
>  > RTC code must be in line with WAET flags passed by hvmloader"])
>  > isn't desirable to be kept for 4.4.

It should be further noted that these changes introduced a regression
into Win2003 SP3, resulting in intermittent guest hangs on boot.   That
regression is the next item on my Xen 4.3 regressions list, after
getting the HPET host crash fixed.

Also (I am not really sure which category this resides in)

* HPET interrupt stack overflow (when using hpet_broadcast mode and MSI
capable HPETs)
  status: patches posted, undergoing review iteration.

~Andrew