Re: [Xen-devel] [query] gic_set_lr always uses maintenance Interrupt

(please don't top post)
On Thu, 2013-11-07 at 05:29 +0530, Mj Embd wrote:
> A few thoughts are circling around my mind, don't know how much
> interrupt latency would it have.
>
> Rather than the hypervisor entry when guest does EOI, a late / lazy
> checkin on LR's can be done
>  on next hypervisor entry by
> a) guest doing something and trapping to hypervisor
> b) schedular timer in hypervisor
>
> What do you think on this...

If you have e.g. 5 pending interrupts and 4 LR registers then ideally
you would want to inject the 5 highest priorities into the LRs
immediately and then inject the fifth as soon as a slot became
available. Or maybe it could be deferred until all of the original 4 are
acked, since it is lower priority all four would need to be handled
before it came up.