[Xen-devel] vTPM and guest domain installation

Dear all,

I am trying to test the new Virtual TPM functionality of Xen 4.3, but I
have got stuck during the installation of a guest domain.

Basically I have managed to instantiate the vtpmmgr-stubdom (although I
had to recompile Xen with XSM enabled) and a vtpm-stubdom for the guest
domain. Nevertheless, when I try to instantiate the guest domain to
start the installation of a CentOS distribution, I get the following error:

[root@test ~]# xl create -c /var/xen/virtual1/centos6-install.cfg
Parsing config from /var/xen/virtual1/centos6-install.cfg
libxl: error: libxl_device.c:894:device_backend_callback: unable to add
device with path /local/domain/0/backend/vif/3/0
libxl: error: libxl_create.c:1115:domcreate_attach_vtpms: unable to add
nic devices
libxl: error: libxl_device.c:894:device_backend_callback: unable to
remove device with path /local/domain/0/backend/vif/3/0
libxl: error: libxl.c:1451:devices_destroy_cb: libxl__devices_destroy
failed for 3

It looks like as if there was some issue with the network (nic keyword)
or the virtual TPM (vtpms keyword). I have tried to setup the network as
a NAT, this could be the problem since I am not experienced with Xen.
Nevertheless, the keyword referring to the virtual TPM is suspicious
that something else is going on.

The configuration of the guest domain is the following:

kernel = "/var/xen/virtual1/vmlinuz"
ramdisk = "/var/xen/virtual1/initrd.img"
name = "virtual1"
memory = "256"
disk = [ 'tap:aio:/var/xen/virtual1/virtual1.img,xvda,w', ]
vif = [ 'bridge=br,ip=10.0.0.2' ]
vcpus=1
on_reboot = 'destroy'
on_crash = 'destroy'

Can anybody give me some insight of what may be happening?

Thanks!
Jordi.