Re: [Xen-devel] [Xen-users] Xen VGA Passthrough - GTX 680 successfully hard-moded to GRID K2

I haven't tried plugging it into a TV to get audio output tested, but the HDMI audio device gets detected in domU and shows up as functioning without any issues. So unless somebody has evidence to the contrary, it almost certainly works just fine.

Gordan

On 09/28/2013 07:34 PM, David Erickson wrote:
Does HDMI audio work coming from the video card in this sort of setup?

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 10:35 AM, David TECHER <davidtecher@xxxxxxxx
<mailto:davidtecher@xxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Apologies I forgot to add the image from Linux

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/528734ScreenshotXen430GTX680HardmodedGRIDK2.png

    *De :* David TECHER <davidtecher@xxxxxxxx <mailto:davidtecher@xxxxxxxx>>
    *À :* "gordan@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:gordan@xxxxxxxxxx>"
    <gordan@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:gordan@xxxxxxxxxx>>
    *Cc :* "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>"
    <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>;
    "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>"
    <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
    *Envoyé le :* Lundi 23 septembre 2013 19h28
    *Objet :* [Xen-devel] Xen VGA Passthrough - GTX 680 successfully
    hard-moded to GRID K2

    Hi Gordan,

    I wanted to let you know that today I decided to have a try for my
    GTX 680. Gigabite GTX 680 2048 MB GDDR5.

    I know that this particular card could be hard-moded to GRID K2 so
    VGA passthrough could work.

    Following instructions found on

http://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/hacking-nvidia-cards-into-their-professional-counterparts/420/
    I just removed two resistors.

    Here is a screenshot taken from a VM (Ubuntu 12.04 32 bits) with
    more 8GB of RAM.

http://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/hacking-nvidia-cards-into-their-professional-counterparts/420/

    I did the test on another VM (Windows 7 64 bits).  I was able to
    play games, shutdown the VM, restart the VM without restarting the dom0.

    I am very impressed. Restarting domU (Linux or Windows) without
    restarting the dom0 is very impressive.

    I just added a youtube video about my tests for my hard-moded card

    http://youtu.be/L1RoOx8wC7A

    Apologies I am French so I am speaking in French in the video. Just
    to show that it works perfectly.

    Kind regards.