Re: [Xen-devel] [Xen-users] Xen VGA Passthrough - GTX 680 successfully hard-moded to GRID K2

Does HDMI audio work coming from the video card in this sort of setup?

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 10:35 AM, David TECHER <davidtecher@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Apologies I forgot to add the image from Linux

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/528734ScreenshotXen430GTX680HardmodedGRIDK2.png

De : David TECHER <davidtecher@xxxxxxxx>
À : "gordan@xxxxxxxxxx" <gordan@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc : "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Envoyé le : Lundi 23 septembre 2013 19h28
Objet : [Xen-devel] Xen VGA Passthrough - GTX 680 successfully hard-moded to GRID K2

Hi Gordan,

I wanted to let you know that today I decided to have a try for my GTX 680. Gigabite GTX 680 2048 MB GDDR5.

I know that this particular card could be hard-moded to GRID K2 so VGA passthrough could work.

Following instructions found on http://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/hacking-nvidia-cards-into-their-professional-counterparts/420/ I just removed two resistors.

Here is a screenshot taken from a VM (Ubuntu 12.04 32 bits) with more 8GB of RAM.

http://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/hacking-nvidia-cards-into-their-professional-counterparts/420/

I did the test on another VM (Windows 7 64 bits).  I was able to play games, shutdown the VM, restart the VM without restarting the dom0.

I am very impressed. Restarting domU (Linux or Windows) without restarting the dom0 is very impressive.

I just added a youtube video about my tests for my hard-moded card

http://youtu.be/L1RoOx8wC7A

Apologies I am French so I am speaking in French in the video. Just to show that it works perfectly.

Kind regards.