Re: [Xen-devel] Status of FLR in Xen 4.4

Hi Konrad,

good call! I was able to reproduce the error with the 3.12-rc2 kernel, got a lot of information with the new NMI traces (log attached), but since I'm not a xen hacker I don't really know how to continue from here. So I might add this to the original post and maybe someone can help me. After all the error persists for half a year now and besides 2 kernel version / .config Combinations (a 3.8.2 and a 3.6.something) I could never trace this issue back (even with bisecting the .config because at some point it seemed random).

2013/9/27 Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx>
On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 07:59:40PM +0200, Matthias wrote:
> I'm currently on a vanilla 3.8.2 kernel because this is the only >3.4
> kernel I found which doesn't give me this issue:
> http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-users/2013-02/msg00114.html

So v3.12 (or rather the latest and greaters of the Linus) has the mechanism
for the NMI - so you can actually see what is causing the stall.