Re: [Xen-devel] [DRAFT] Coverity Access Policy

On Mon, 2013-09-23 at 15:26 +0100, Tim Deegan wrote:
> At 15:14 +0100 on 23 Sep (1379949292), Ian Campbell wrote:
> > I've tried to codify some of the ideas put forward in the previous
> > thread and round out the proposal with some practicalities.
>
> This looks sensible to me.  It might be worth clarifying that the scope
> here is xen.git (i.e. the Xen Project Hypervisor).

I suppose technically that's just the current scope, in theory other C
subprojects might use it (although I don't think we've got any...)

I appended to the final paragraph:
        Currently only the Xen Project Hypervisor (i.e. xen.git) is
        covered by these scans.

> > I was undecided about requiring unanimity (i.e no objections from a
> > maintainer) rather than just consensus. Any thoughts on that? A (well
> > reasoned) objection should carry a fair bit of weight under these
> > circumstances I think.
>
> I think the standard rules are fine.  A well-reasoned objection will
> presumably bring out some `-1' votes from other maintainers.

True.

Ian.