Re: [Xen-devel] Multi-bridged PCIe devices (Was: Re: iommuu/vt-d issues with LSI MegaSAS (PERC5i))

 >>> On 11.09.13 at 15:26, Gordan Bobic <gordan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> On Wed, 11 Sep 2013 14:03:14 +0100, "Jan Beulich"
>>> <JBeulich@xxxxxxxx>

>>>  I'm actually thinking about Konrad's proposed hack in that
>>>  thread from 3 years ago. If the device IDs are parameterized
>>>  out rather than hard-coded, then this could work in nearly the
>>>  same was as xen-pciback in terms of usage. Pass the phantom
>>>  device IDs as parameters to the module. Done that way it
>>>  might even be considered clean enough to be fit for public
>>>  consumption.
>>
>> Except that, short of being able to determine it via config
>> space reads, we also need the resulting command line option
>> to tell us that what kind of device that is.
>
>  Not sure I follow. Why do we need to know the device type?

Just look at set_msi_source_id() as well as
domain_context_{mapping,unmap}() (just the most prominent
examples): Behavior here heavily depends on the type of the
device itself _and_ that of the upstream bridge(s).

Jan