Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.4 development update

On Thu, Aug 08, 2013 at 05:09:35PM +0100, George Dunlap wrote:

[...]

> * Xen EFI feature: Xen can boot from grub.efi
>  owner: Daniel Kiper
>  status: Just begun
>  prognosis: Fair

I think that you could change that to Good. I am working
on it. Migration to xbi struct is almost finished and
multiboot2 protocol works on machines with legacy BIOS.
Now I am working on multiboot2 protocol for machines
with EFI. Yesterday, I discovered some issues related
to memory map passed via this protocol. Sadly it looks
that taking into account current GRUB2 implementation
only workaround is available. Final proper solution would
require some changes in GRUB2. I will do that later.

[...]

> * Guest EFI booting
>  - status: tianocore in-tree, some build problems.
>    Needs new owner.

I could take over ownership of this but it would have
lowest priority on my task list now (major stuff only:
1 - multiboot2 protocl, 2 - EFI support for Xen in Linux
Kernel, 3 - guest EFI booting).

> * Xen EFI feature: pvops dom0 able to make use of EFI run-time
> services (external)
>  owner: Daniel Kiper
>  status: Just begun

I am going to start work on it when I finish work on multiboot2 protocol.

Additionally, I think that:
  - new kexec implementation should be added to this list;
    David Vrabel work on this; I think that patches are
    quite mature and need only some polishing,
  - unmodified_drivers should be removed because as I know
    they are not maintained for very long time; if you
    agree I could do that,
  - as I saw there is a quite big mess in directory structure
    used by installed Xen related stuff (especially in /var
    and /usr); I have done some patches for myself but they
    require some improvements to do public release; if you wish
    I could work on this too.

Have a nice weekend,

Daniel