Re: [Xen-devel] Xen blktap driver for Ceph RBD : Anybody wants to test ? :p

On Mon, Aug 05, 2013 at 03:04:47PM +0100, George Dunlap wrote:
> On 05/08/13 14:55, Sylvain Munaut wrote:
> >Hi George,
> >

> >>Yes; qemu knows how to be a Xen PV block back-end.
> >Very interesting. Is there documentation about this somewhere ?
> >I had a look some time ago and it was really not very clear.
> >
> >Things like what Xen version support this. And with which features (
> >indirect descriptors, persistent grants, discard, flush, ...) and/or
> >which limitation.
>
> I don't think this is documented anywhere; you'll need to ask the
> experts.  Stefano? Roger? Wei?

These are Linux features not Xen ones AFAICT. In theory they are not
bound to specific Xen versions.

For the network part I don't think new features depend on any specific
hypercall. However for block Roger and Stefano seem to introduce
new hypercalls for certain features (I might be wrong though).

Wei.