Re: [Xen-devel] Xen blktap driver for Ceph RBD : Anybody wants to test ? :p

Hi George,

> Yes; qemu knows how to be a Xen PV block back-end.

Very interesting. Is there documentation about this somewhere ?
I had a look some time ago and it was really not very clear.

Things like what Xen version support this. And with which features (
indirect descriptors, persistent grants, discard, flush, ...) and/or
which limitation.

> One of the reasons for stopping work on blktap3 (AIUI) was that it
> should in theory have performance characteristics similar to blktap3,

And did anyone check the theory currently ? :)

> and tends to get newer protocols like ceph "for free" (i.e.,
> implemented by someone else).

Yes I can definitely see the appeal.

Cheers,

    Sylvain