Re: [Xen-devel] linux acpi v5 on xen

>>> On 25.06.13 at 20:33, Ben Guthro <ben@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In the commit below, you implemented the linux support for ACPI v5 in
> the traditional Xen kernel:
> http://kernel.opensuse.org/cgit/kernel/commit/?id=ca88976f0e2454febeb4a9cd0b
> 5099d34cd7a953
>
> I have extracted the relevant bits that implement the extended acpi
> call, and applied them to a mainline pvops kernel, and had good
> success with a machine that was previously failing.
>
> Konrad said that you may have submitted this upstream already, and
> perhaps remembered that Rafael wanted some changes here (possibly bool
> to u8 substitutions?)
> I was unable to wrangle google into finding the relevant thread on LKML.
> Do you happen to recall this conversation? Do you have a link
> somewhere that I could read?

v2 of this was sent on March 11th, see e.g.

http://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2013-03/msg00829.html
(I would have wanted to point you to somewhere under
https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-acpi/, but this appears
badly broken right now in that it has only _three_ pretty recent
patches).

The response I got to this was that ACPI CA changes ought to
go through the ACPI CA tree, which I don't think I'll ever find time
to work through (the more with no reasonable assurance level of
those changes going to be taken, and considering that similar
changes previously got done to Linux without this bogus [to me]
requirement - see my responses
http://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2013-03/msg00873.html
and
http://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2013-03/msg00850.html).