Re: [Xen-devel] blktap, qdisk, xl cd-eject, and xencommons

On 04/30/2013 11:21 AM, Ian Campbell wrote:
On Tue, 2013-04-30 at 11:17 +0100, Jan Beulich wrote:
On 30.04.13 at 12:02, George Dunlap <george.dunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
To address these issue for 4.3, I would like to propose:

1. Have libxl default to qdev for everything, except for things that it
needs blktap for (like vhd, IIRC)

Everything? I.e. even raw disks? I thought those go through
blkbk...

Yes, and they should continue to do so IMHO. I think George really meant
"all structured disk types" or something.

Yes, sorry -- I suppose what I really meant was to make the preference "blkback > qdev > blktap" -- i.e., if there's a choice between qdev and blktap, use qdev (whereas now it's the other way around, AIUI).

 -George