Re: [Xen-devel] Attempting to checksum a non-TCP/UDP packet, dropping a protocol 1 packet

>>> On 17.04.13 at 18:26, Pasi KÃrkkÃinen<pasik@xxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 09:08:24AM +0100, Jan Beulich wrote:
>> in http://readlist.com/lists/lists.xensource.com/xen-users/10/50495.html
>> you mention a netback fix without identifying which one. In going
>> over the changes as well as looking at the code, I can't spot
>> anything related, or see how non-TCP, non-UDP packets could
>> pass checksum_setup(), and hence I don't really understand how
>> this problem can be considered fixed (for, in the case here, ICMP,
>> the header of which does have a checksum field).
>>

> That's almost 3 years ago.. I wonder if it was this one:
>
> "xen/netback: correctly setup skb->ip_summed on receive":
> http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/jeremy/xen.git/commit/?h=xen/nex
> t-2.6.32&id=7ec9d1e805338fd18bbce73e8c72e4d09da8f2d5
>
> That's at least in 2.6.32.13 in Jeremy's xen.git.

Yeah, that seemed the most likely one, but still not really related,
since there's nothing here affecting non-TCP, non-UDP packets.
I.e. it could only have an effect for such packets if there was a
false attempt to checksum them when no checksumming was
needed.

Jan