Re: [Xen-devel] High CPU temp, suspend problem - xen 4.1.5-pre, linux 3.7.x

>>> On 16.04.13 at 00:09, Marek Marczykowski <marmarek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>> wrote:
> II. Not (fully) fixed issues:
>
> 1. CPU Pool-0 contains only CPU0 after resume - patch quoted above fixes the
> issue, but it isn't applied to xen-unstable
> 2. After resume scheduler chooses (almost) only CPU0 (above quoted listing).
> Removing and re-adding all CPUs to Pool-0 solves the problem. Perhaps some
> timers are not restarted after resume?

So I understand there is a patch dealing with this, but I'm not clear
whether that's known to break CPU pools?

> 3. ACPI C-states are only present for CPU0 (after resume of course), fixed by
> "xen: Re-upload processor PM data to hypervisor after S3" patch by Ben, but
> it isn't in upstream linux (nor Konrad's acpi-s3 branches).

Perhaps this rather ought to be fixed in the hypervisor (to not
forget the respective information; perhaps also for P-states)?
After all that's another case where S3 is different from soft or hard
offlining an individual CPU (in particular we can expect the same
CPU to come back up during resume, whereas namely a hot-
unplugged one could get replaced by a [slightly] different one).

Jan