Re: [Xen-devel] Can not boot Dom0 when using Anthony's new XenARM source for Arndale.

On 03/27/2013 03:03 AM, Chen Baozi wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 07:35:22PM +0000, Julien Grall wrote:
>> On 03/25/2013 10:35 AM, Gihun Jung wrote:
>>
>>> I had tested new XenARM for Arndale board that is updated in Anthony's
>>> tree from 2 days ago.
>>>
>>> I expected that will be working. But, I can not boot Dom0 Kernel.
>>> I used kernel and XenARM both are from Xen
>>> Wiki(http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_ARM_with_Virtualization_Extensions/Arndale).
>>>
>>> It (seems) stopped after "(XEN) Freed 212kB init memory" message. When
>>> I changed serial input to Xen ('ctrl-a' 3 times) and dump state, it
>>> show we are in Undefined processor mode or sometimes in Abort mode.
>>>
>>> Does anyone else have the same problem? or Am I doing something wrong?
>>
>> I have updated the wiki page and the linux git.
>> Could you retry with the new instructions? If you still have this issue,
>> could you send serial output?
>>
> Hi Julien,
>
> Great to see the updates!
>
> Noticed that it would load xen-uImage in u-boot. However, it seems there is
> no instruction about how to produce the uImage for xen. It does mention "make
> uImage" when building dom0 kernel, but it seems that only zImage is loaded
> when loading by u-boot commands. This really confused me.

Hello Chen,

Thanks for your comments.

For the moment xen doesn't have a target to compile an uImage.
You can use this command line to build the uImage:
 mkimage -A arm -T kernel -a 0x80200000 -e 0x80200000 -C none -d
"$xen_src/xen/xen.bin" xen-uImage

$xen_src is the root directory of your git.

On linux source, the command "make uImage" builds both zImage and uImage.
I replaced "make uImage" by "make zImage" to avoid confusion.

Thanks,

Julien