Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.3 development update, 18 March

On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 12:13:40PM +0000, George Dunlap wrote:
> This information will be mirrored on the Xen 4.3 Roadmap wiki page:
>  http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_Roadmap/4.3
>
> A couple of notes:
>
> - I have updated the timeline to include a description of my proposed
> criteria for accepting patches going forward.  Feedback is welcome.
>
> - As we focus on getting a release for the 4.3 codebase, I have
> removed items from the list that are either "not for 4.3" or are
> purely external (e.g., Linux kernel or libvirt).
>
> - Please start suggesting bug reports to put on this list.
>
> = Timeline =
>
> We are planning on a 9-month release cycle.  Based on that, below are
> our estimated dates:
> * Feature freeze: 25 March 2013
> * Code freezing point: 8 April 2013
> * First RC: 6 May 2013
> * Release: 17 June 2013
>
> The RCs and release will of course depend on stability and bugs, and
> will therefore be fairly unpredictable.  Each new feature will be
> considered on a case-by-case basis; but the general rule will be as
> follows:
>
> * Between feature freeze and code freeze, only features which have had
> a v1 posted before the feature freeze, or are on this list, will be
> considered for inclusion.

Based on this, I think the PVH patches and the claim user-space patches,
can be included past feature freeze right?

.. snip..
> == Not yet complete ==

The list has gotten considerebly shorter! Yeey!

> * PVH mode (w/ Linux)
>   owner: mukesh@oracle
>   status (Linux): 3rd draft patches posted.
>   status (Xen): RFC submitted
>   prognosis: Tech preview only

Mukesh just posted them last Friday (wohoo!). If we are to get it in
this Friday (25 March), that is a tall order.

Can we either slip the schedule or include it under the 'Code freezing
point' - at which there is a bit more breathing room?