Re: [Xen-devel] eDP screen corruption using linux 3.8 & xen 4.2

Yes, DMAR is enabled.

I've attached a serial line dump of both Xen and Linux
Interestingly, I don't get the stack traces now that I turned serial on.

This log contains the following lines:

(XEN) [VT-D]dmar.c:535:   RMRR address range not in reserved memory base = 0 end = fff; iommu_inclusive_mapping=1 parameter may be needed.
(XEN) [VT-D]dmar.c:535:   RMRR address range not in reserved memory base = bdc00000 end = bfffffff; iommu_inclusive_mapping=1 parameter may be needed.

I tried that parameter, but it seemed to have no effect on this symptom.

Additionally, I added drm.debug=0x04 in case it would give some additional information - though I'm not sure what I should be looking for...adding that parameter did seem to trigger some additional BUG stack traces.

Ben

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 12:28 PM, Tian, Kevin <kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Do you have DMAR enabled?

Thanks