Re: [Xen-devel] Moving xen*.hg to git

Jan Beulich writes ("Re: Moving xen*.hg to git"):
> So one thing I found very handy with hg was that there was a
> single line history with easy to look at changeset numbers. Is there
> any way to achieve the same with git? I'm asking particularly in the
> context of backporting: In order to pick changes from unstable (now
> master), so far I simply scanned the history, tracking (on a sheet of
> paper) at which c/s I last left off.

Of course you can do this
  git-log <last>..master
or whatever to show all the commits which are included in master but
not in <last>.

Replace <last> with the hex commit id from your piece of paper, and
when you're done write down the commit id of master.  You can also get
git to remember where you got up to by making a local tag with
git-tag.