Re: [Xen-devel] FIFO-based event channel ABI design (draft B)

On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 8:16 PM, David Vrabel <david.vrabel@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 18/02/13 15:19, Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Fri, 2013-02-15 at 14:32 +0000, David Vrabel wrote:
>> Except for a lack of information of the required memory barriers (to be
>> included in draft C), this should now be completely enough to start on a
>> prototype (any volunteers? ;).
>
> I think the real question is whether you as creator of the design are
> going to be working on the implementation. That would the usual
> progression of things.

Yes, but I can't work on it full-time.

I would really like to help, but I'm mainly occupied by Xen network improvement
at the moment. I will be happy to join the discussion on the new design and
share my humble two cents.

One thing I do think about is the registration interface. The naming for now
mainly focuses on N-level event channel, but there might be other models in the
future, so I will rename it to EVTCHNOP_register_extended_event_channel and
make registering each model a subcommand of that interface. Modifications to
toolstack will also need adjustment. AFAICT the FIFO-design will be enabled for
all guests while the 3-level design only aims for Dom0 and driver domains.
Anyway, let's discuss this later, after I post my new series.

Wei.

David