Re: [Xen-devel] HVM guests hanging in hpet_rtc_interrupt

On Mon, Feb 04, Jan Beulich wrote:

> > Looking over the changes again (and without having looked at
> > the Linux side yet again), I think the most likely candidates for
> > reverting are
> >
> > 26457:aa82638d58b0 (x86/HVM: consolidate toggling of RTC IRQ)
> > 26461:78e91e9e4d61 (x86/HVM: generalize IRQ raising on RTC_REG_B writes)
>
> Actually, one possibility occurred to me right after sending the
> earlier response - could you give the patch below a try?

This patch leads also to a hang.
The initial boot of a HVM guest hangs in "Set System Time to the current
Hardware Clock", with the same backtrace in hpet_rtc_interrupt.
If the HVM guest is later migrated to localhost, the new guest hangs
also in hpet_rtc_interrupt.

I'm attaching the xen, dom0 and domU logs from a pvops kernel. sles
kernel will follow.

I will also try to revert the two changeset above.

Olaf