Re: [Xen-devel] resume from S3 sleep not working in Dom0 - Xen4.2.1

I'm not sure what Arch linux uses for a kernel, as I'm not terribly
familiar with the distro.

That said, a number of things are needed to get this to work, that are
not accepted upstream.

1. You'll need one of Konrad's acpi-s3 branches, or the patches from
the tip of those branches:
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/konrad/xen.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/devel/acpi-s3.v9

2. Apply the attached patches in the following order:
fix-dmar-zap-reinstate
fix-suspend-scheduler-v2
fix-suspend-scheduler-revert-affinity-part
s3-timerirq

All of these fixes have been proposed to the xen-devel list, but have
not yet been accepted, for one reason, or another.

I've CC'ed Konrad, and Tomasz who authored some of the things
mentioned above, and Jan Beulich who has been commenting on the
validity / correctness of these changes.

Ben