Re: [Xen-devel] libxl and libvirt in Fedora (rawhide)

On Mon, 2013-01-21 at 17:55 -0700, Jim Fehlig wrote:
> > I'm not even sure whether xend is running or not! :-( As I wrote there,
> > even when I only see the xend status check, I have xm working, which
> > shouldn't happen without a proper xend running, right?
> >

> For those not following in the bug, the libxl driver executes
> '/usr/sbin/xend status' and refuses to load it xend is running.  The
> problem here is that the status check causes xend to start!

Ok, that sounds strange, but it is also the only reasonable explanation.
I'll try to have a look and confirm this

> I can't
> reproduce the issue, so perhaps it is specific to the fedora packages.

I guess it can well be. I'll investigate this and report back to both
the list and the bug.

> > Moreover, independently from whether I install the package or not, or
> > whether I kill/start xend manually, it looks indeed like the libxl
> > driver is not able to load itself.
> >

> Since checking xend status starts the service and returns that it is
> running, the driver won't load :).

Yep, now it makes sense. :-)

Thanks a lot for your time and Regards,
Dario