Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.3 development update, and stock-taking

>>> On 17.01.13 at 17:29, George Dunlap <george.dunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In that case, it would be good if, sometime in the next month or two,
> someone could take a look at exactly what these "quirks" are that Linux
> needs boot services for, and figure out whether we are likely to need
> them.  I'll put that in a sort of "call to action", along with any other
> important features not currently on track to make it into 4.3.

I know that code pretty well meanwhile, and I'm unaware of
quirks requiring boot services access.

Also, I was slightly wrong in saying it is always Linux to exit boot
services: That's the case when booted without boot loader
(i.e. using the EFI_STUB mechanism). Otherwise it's the boot
loader doing so. But you remember that so far we don't really
support booting from EFI with boot loader, so we ought to
always compare ourselves to that stub mechanism.

Jan