Re: [Xen-devel] [BUG]: when using `xl restore`ïxc_evtchn_alloc_unbound will raise this error

On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 5:20 PM, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, 2013-01-04 at 06:27 +0000, éç wrote:

> the macro `IS_PRIV_FOR` is defined here src/xen/include/xen/sched.h:
> Â Â Â Â 638#define IS_PRIV_FOR(_d, _t) (IS_PRIV(_d) || ((_d)->target
> Â Â Â Â && (_d)->target == (_t)))
>

> I couldn't understand that what ÂIS_PRIV_FOR Âmeans?!

It tells you if domains _d has special privileges over the domain _t
(the target). This is typically true of domains which are privileged Âin
general (the IS_PRIV check, typically true only for dom0) or of stub
domains for HVM which have their ->target set via XEN_DOMCTL_set_target.

However this is all a red-herring since you are seeing ESRCH and not
EPERM as described in my other mail.

Ian.

What do you mean by that ` However this is all a red-herring since you are seeing ESRCH and not
EPERM as described in my other mail.Â` The src/xen/include/xen/errno.h Âdefines:
 4#define EPERM    Â1 Â/* Operation not permitted */
 5#define ENOENT    2 Â/* No such file or directory */
 6#define ESRCH    Â3 Â/* No such process */
Besides, the xc error logging reported -1 and 3, you said -1 only told there was an error occurring and 3 is the real reason?!
Maybe I misunderstood your real meaning.