Re: [Xen-devel] [BUG]: when using `xl restore`ïxc_evtchn_alloc_unbound will raise this error

On Mon, 2012-12-31 at 03:10 +0000, éç wrote:

>         I think the two files are mostly the same, but to be sure you
>         need to
>         look into the source file in both Linux and Xen. You should
>         start from
>         the hypervisor level, find out why it returns -EPERM. Root
>         user in Dom0
>         has nothing to do with privilege in hypervisor level.
>

>         Wei.
>
> The scene is that there are more than 10 processes, each process calls
> `xl restore` to start a VM where a virus sample will run to detect the
> sample's behaviour  about every 120 seconds.
> For a long time, such as 5 days or 15 days, the xen server where the
> processes run will raise this error with a certain probability.
> Maybe it has something to do with the hypervisor's stability.

This is not a usual scenario. Sorry I don't know how to reproduce this.

But the code path in hypervisor for evtchn_alloc_unbound is quite short,
you may try adding some debug output along the path to see which step
fails then report back.

Wei.