[Xen-devel] XSM and privcmd_ioctl_mmap

Hi,
I'm using the v6 XSM patch-set (http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2012-11/msg01920.html) to perform dom0 disaggregation but I came across two ioctl functions in the Linux privcmd driver that were getting -EPERM errors in my secondary control domU. The problem is that the permission checks are not coming from XSM but  the Kernel itself, when XSM should be in charge of access control.

The two functions in Linux 3.x kernel are privcmd_ioctl_mmap and privcmd_ioctl_mmap_batch:

driver/xen/privcmd.c@199 and @319 in Linux 3.7.0:

        if (!xen_initial_domain())
                return -EPERM;

Are these checks still needed when the XSM patches are applied?

Thanks,
Tamas