Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC] Enabling live-migrate on HVM on qemu-xen device model

Adding Ian J who looks after the tools portion of the stable branches.

I'm personally not convinced that this change is appropriate for a
stable branch backport, it's a pretty large feature patch after all and
not a bug fix.

On Thu, 2012-12-13 at 10:56 +0000, Alex Bligh wrote:
> This is a COMPILE TESTED ONLY RFC for a backport of the libxl elements
> of:
>
> http://marc.info/?l=xen-devel&m=134944750724252
>
> Stefano Stabellini said he would look at backporting the qemu-xen
> side.
>
> My first question is whether this is the right approach: do we want
> to include the JSON changes too (presumably it changes the API).
> I am not 100% convinced they are necessary to get live migrate
> working.

You certainly need the JSON changes which let libxl make the QMP call to
enable logdirty in the qemu process. I don't know about the rest,
presumably they only change the internal API and not the external API?