Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.2.1 live migration with qemu device model

Stefono, Ian,

--On 11 December 2012 15:26:25 +0000 Stefano Stabellini
<stefano.stabellini@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

This is the patch series that needs to be backported in QEMU:
http://marc.info/?l=qemu-devel&m=134920288412400&w=2

And this is the libxl counterpart:
http://marc.info/?l=xen-devel&m=134944750724252

I would be OK with backporting the QEMU side,

That would be great and very useful (even if it doesn't ultimately make 4.2.x)

but I'll leave the
decision on the libxl side up to you.

I'd already planned to try backporting this patchset. If it goes in reasonably
cleanly,
it's probably within my competence, and I'm happy to test etc.

We need qemu-xen for the better snapshotting capability on qcow2 (rebase
in particular), and not having live-migrate on HVM is a bit of a PITA.

--
Alex Bligh