Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.2.1 live migration with qemu device model

On Tue, 11 Dec 2012, Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-12-11 at 15:07 +0000, Alex Bligh wrote:
> > > Migration of HVM guests in 4.2.x is only supported with the
> > > qemu-xen-traditional device model and AFAIK there is no plan to backport
> > > this support to 4.2.
> >
> > Ah. What would be involved in a backport? We use HVM guests under 4.2 and
> > need qemu-xen for various reasons.
>
> AFAIK its a pretty big qemu-side backport, plus you need the whole libxl
> series not just the final patch that you linked to.
>
> I don't think this is a candidate for 4.2.x. You could try doing it
> locally though I guess.

This is the patch series that needs to be backported in QEMU:
http://marc.info/?l=qemu-devel&m=134920288412400&w=2

And this is the libxl counterpart:
http://marc.info/?l=xen-devel&m=134944750724252

I would be OK with backporting the QEMU side, but I'll leave the
decision on the libxl side up to you.